After the successful conversion of the “Universal Editor” from Flash to HTML5 in spring 2020, d-serv GmbH will introduce its complete web-to-publish solution ci‑book™ with numerous detail improvements and a revised user interface in autumn 2021.
The innovations include the following ten points in particular:
- contemporary design through the use and adaptation of new colours, fonts optimised for reading and uniform symbols.
- consistent appearance and interaction behaviour for the entire platform and included or available applications.
- presentation of activated and orderable applications, such as the revised “Asset Manager” (image management), the internal “Activity Reporter” (usage analysis) or the “Job Advertiser” (online job advertisements).
- integration of a start page for own, internal communication purposes and for faster access to ongoing work tasks.
- revised information architecture with an optimised main navigation oriented to the production process and scope for future extensions.
- sub-navigation that can be shown and hidden for optimal utilisation of the available screen sizes for stationary and mobile devices.
- accelerated display of views in the form of tabular lists or as so-called tiles to support various work tasks in the organisation (project management) and in the editing (editorial, translation).
- enhanced sorting and filtering functions, e.g. by user, group, region or production status, to make it easier to find the templates, documents and publications you need.
- show/hide columns in the tabular view and revised modal windows to display descriptive meta-information.
- switching and selecting the preferred working environment between light/dark mode for the entire platform on one’s profile page.